In South Carolina the weather often skips Fall and goes straight to Winter. This usually catches us by surprise. So, now is the time to get your Home ready for colder temperatures. Here is a simple checklist to protect your Home, your Family, and save you some Money!
1. Change your Furnace filters.
2. Lower your thermostat because with every degree you turn it down, it can save you up to 3% on your monthly bill.
3. Run your ceiling fans in reverse.
4. Use weather strips or caulk to seal drafts around doors and windows.
5.Add some extra insulation in your attic if needed.
6. Insulate any exposed pipes and outside spigots.
7.If you have a chimney, get it cleaned and checked by a professional chimney sweeper.
8. Finally, consider getting your heating system checked and tuned up for the cold weather by a professional CHA service.